Sunday, September 30, 2012

I'm off and crawling

I tried to make this card using scraps a couple of months ago - if the ice cream cones weren't a clue! It just wasn't working. So after taking the Kickstart class, I thought I would try to finish the card. I am slowly learning to mix patterns. I couldn't figure out what sentiment to use and where to place it one the card.  I thought about some of the techniques the instructors, Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner, used in the class. I embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder, like Jennifer. I always worry about embossing after the card is almost done. I took the risk and it worked out. I used the white gel pen around the card stock circles - Kristina's technique. Although this card is busy, it makes me smile. I even put string through the buttons. It's the little touches that help finish the card. This is the 5th blog post for September! So my goals for October - craft during the week, reorganize clear stamps and thin dies, and more purging!



Tip of the Day
When needing some inspiration - revisit past classes. I watched videos from another class I took from online card classes - Clean and Simple Cards. Now I have several ideas for Christmas gifts.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad