Thursday, October 4, 2012

Roundup September

Faneuil Hall in Boston
I can't believe it's October! The first quarter at school ends next week.

What reading/learning did I do this month? (books, blogs, magazines, ebooks, podcasts, classes, etc.)
I didn't read an actual book! I listened to An Object of Beauty by,  Steve Martin on a playaway. Two of the  podcasts I listen to Paper Clipping Roundtable, and the Digi Show have really been really interesting and entertaining.  I will never be a Digital Scrapbooker. and I still get a lot from the podcast. I also took tee Kickstart class from Online card classes. If  you are a card maker -it's my favorite site for classes. Tons of content and the instructors have different styles.

What entertainment did I watch/listen to this month? (movies, tv shows, plays, music, concerts, etc.)
Im excited my favorite TV show are back for a new season. My top three at the moment are Castle, Modern Family, and The Big Bang Theory. Yes I need to laugh at the end of the day. I'm still recording the Chew everyday.

What were my accomplishments this month?
I'm not sure it was an accomplishment but I went to Boston to attend a training for work. School Districts hardly ever send their employees anywhere father than 100 miles - so it was exciting. I went with a colleague/friend who was adventurous and wanted to eat at local restaurants and take the T.

What were my disappointments this month?
My ankle is still sore - well sore again! I realized the shoes I had worn all over Boston made both ankles sore! Now I'm wearing boring shoes that offer a lot of support. Let's be clear, I wear Birkenstocks all summer - colorful one's! My house is still for sale - no offers.


How did I do on my goals for the month? 
I actually had 5 blog posts in September. My goal was 6- so close! I finished a Disney scrapbook that a  friend "hired" me to make. It took a year - although I  made most of the pages this summer. It was stressful. I'm not sure if I would do it again. And the Disney papers she bought - I'm not sure who designed them but it couldn't have been a scrapbooker!