Wednesday, August 31, 2011

An Oldy but Goody

If you've been crafting awhile you probably have made these coasters. They are 4" square marble tiles. Staz On ink works best on nonporous surfaces including tile, glass, and acrylic. I colored the flowers with my Stampin up pastels and blender pen. Then I sprayed 4 coats of acrylic sealer. It does take a couple of hours to apply the coats of sealer and let it dry. I glue felt to the back. I have never used anything other than the pastels (chalk)  to color the images. I know that Copic Markers are not recommended to use with Staz On ink. I guess I will need to experiment!


 When I first made the coasters, I gave them to everyone. A couple of years ago I wanted to make something for some coworkers and I remembered the coasters. For some reason I had not made them for this one friend, so the set of coasters will be part of her birthday present!