Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Party's Over

My mom's 80th Birthday party was a huge success.  The decorations looked nice. How did I ever plan a party without Pinterest.The ideas are endless.This rosette is actually 13 inches in diameter. I cut the paper 4 inch wide strips and scored them. Then I put them together.
 
 

Here are some things that worked  well. 

Decorations 
Once I chose a color palette, I picked a paper line, Echo Park Victorian Garden. Everything coordinated. My friend, who is a patterned paper wizard was very helpful. It made it easier to add other paper. I am somewhat patterned paper impaired. After making the first 80 paper flowers, I realized I could add the stem to the last layer. The flowers are from the Cricut cartridge Flower Shoppe. The stems are are from the craft department at Walmart. The centers for the flowers I found in the cake decorating department at Michael's. I used  foam tape between each layer. For the banner, I cut 5 1/2 inch scalloped circles. The letters were 4 inches high.
 
 
 
Guest book 
I used a calendar as the guest book - Pinterest. It was something I had never seen at an event. My mom now has a record of her friends birthdays.

Photographing the event
Assign a person to be the photographer. You can buy a memory card for the person if they're using their own camera. When the event is over, you have all the photos. My brother uploaded the photos onto his lap top before he left town. The down side - I don't have many photos yet.